Water is an essential part of your health and everyday life. After all, every cell in your body requires it to function properly. The water you intake affects so many aspects of your health. If you don’t drink enough water, you become dehydrated which means you may experience fatigue, dizziness, or a headache. It is so important to stay hydrated throughout the day! Not to mention, water keeps your skin and hair healthy and beautiful.
- Use a hydration calculator. A common myth is that everyone needs to drink 8 glasses of water a day. Actually, the amount you should be drinking is specific to you. It depends on a variety of factors including your height, weight, location, and how active you are. Find out how many ounces you should be drinking daily here.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables can be a great way to up your water intake. Strawberries, grapefruit, cantaloupe, tomatoes, and broccoli contain 90% water. Check out the water content of fruits and vegetables here to know which ones to add to your diet. Adding fruit or mint leaves is a fun way to infuse flavor into your water! Lemon also tastes good and is a natural water purifier.
- Always keep water with you and make it a habit to drink water with meals, snacks, and in between. We know it can be easy to forget but building up the habit will make it so eventually you drink water instinctively.
- Water has zero calories and it helps burn fat. Whereas soda, such as a 12oz can Dr. Pepper or Coca Cola, usually contain between 80 and 100 calories and is full of sugar which damages your teeth. Caffeine also pulls water away from the body and can dehydrate you.
- Replenish your body. If you exercise, that needs to be taken into consideration with your water intake. When you sweat, you lose water. Be sure to hydrate before, during, and after you exercise.
To support our mission for creating healthier people, every new patient receives a Hydro Flask bottle! This bottle is reusable, insulated, and environmentally friendly. It also makes it easy to stay hydrated and keep your energy level up when you’re on the go. Hydro Flask is an Oregon company and we love supporting local businesses!
Stay hydrated and come see us soon to nurture your smile!